Purpose of the event
Making guests dream of the future instead of anxiously dreading it, with a conference about space travel
Most fiction today is dystopian by nature, and since this generation will most likely know space exclusively through these stories, I sense a general apathy towards the future possibilites. Particularly space travel seems hopeless.
“Does it cause pollution?”
“Can you survive in space?”
“Won’t you become depressed by living alone on a space station?”
“When will the apocalyptic comet destroy Earth?”
Infinity and Beyond is meant to show that space travel is possible, and that they aren’t “just” an escape from the problems on Earth. They are the next step in the history of humanity, and an expansion of our joined horizons.
Infinity and Beyond – Space Travel in the 21st Century
Dozens of colourful figures from the world of science, engineering, and art will shed a light on the unfathomable possibilities of space travel: from short trips around the moon, to actually colonising Mars and settling for good.
Space is no longer the final frontier. Interplanetary tourism will soon be a reality, which opens the possibilities of climbing the Olympus Mons on Mars or seeing the American flag planted on the Moon.
You will have the opportunity to explore space through panels and discussions, workshops, demonstrations, hands-on-trials, and space shuttle cuisine.
- Book a Flight Around The Moon with Virgin Galactic. First rocket departs in 2018!
- Tales from Outer Space with “Astro” Andreas Mogensen and The Russian Space Agency.
- Building the Perfect Space Station – BIG Architects will make dreams come true with LEGO
- Taste Space Food imported all the way from NASA
- Meet Laika’s Successors and pet them before their exciting voyage to SX004
- Discuss the Future with the creators of hit sci-fi shows The Expanse and Battlestar Galactica
- Test your Limits in our mini astronaut bootcamp
- … and much more!
Recommended ages 8+